Scope of Services
The team we assemble for your project are leaders in their craft, offering a breadth of services to tackle all requirements. As an established contractor, Cornerstone Builders Group (CBG) is accustomed to working with banks on renovation financing, FHA 203K programs, city officials and navigating through all permit needs to keep our project on pace. Challenges can come in all sizes during a project, and our composed approach to building, keeps us focused on finding solutions.
CBG adds value to development projects before construction even breaks ground. These pre-construction services, coupled with our core strength in construction management, positions CBG as a uniquely valuable partner throughout the development process, with each one of our clients, and allows us to treat each project from inception to delivering approvals and certificates of occupancy as if it was our own.
How we can assist in getting you shovel ready
Contract Third Party Site/Existing Condition Inspections from qualified engineers i.e., site survey; geotechnical assessment/s to determine soil conditions and bearing capacity; environmental phase 1 and 2 (if applicable) to secure NJDEP No Further Action letter; Asbestos survey (if required); Traffic circulation/control (if required); Fire Hydrant Flow Test (if required).
Coordinate Design Development and Construction Documents from qualified Civil, Architectural, Structural & MEP firms to meet projected construction budgets and satisfy permitting requirements (as stipulated by planning board resolution, redevelopment agreement, PILOT agreement, State, County and Borough/Village/Township).
Satisfy Pre-Construction Permitting Requirements from local, county and state governmental agencies i.e., NJDEP TWA, NJDEP Safe Drinking Water Permit, Soil Conservation District Certification, County Permits and Local Permits as required.
Develop a Financial Model for Underwriting Capital i.e., debt and equity commitments.
- Sources and uses of cash;
- Builder sponsored construction budget based upon historical costs of like property;
- Debt co-sponsor’s 12-month historical operating statement for like property;
- 10-year cash flow – adjusted for redevelopment agreement terms;
- Return summary at sale; return summary at sale as it relates to your potential exit strategy
- Construction, mezzanine and permanent loan amortization schedules;
- Unit Mix, Rent Roll, Lease-up schedule and operating statement;
- PILOT agreement valuation.
- Argus Developer pro-forma (as secondary audit to excel model)
Presenting this Financial Model to Raise Capital required for pre/construction related uses from multiple sources i.e., Institutional/Senior Debt, Mezzanine/Junior Debt and Equity (cash and balance sheet) Investors or Partners.
*Request should be made to CBG for fees associated with these service options
Many clients prefer to enter into a comprehensive contractual agreement, this allows them to partner with our team as the sole entity throughout the entire construction process. When operating in this capacity, CBG controls the bidding, construction and supervision for our clients at a pre-negotiated cost based on the drawings and specifications provided. Proposals are developed and prepared for residential and commercial projects by using qualified subcontractors best suited for the project in conjunction with pre-construction walks and site inspections if necessary.
Although the work may be complex or have logistical challenges, our approach is simple. CBG has a vast network of highly qualified and vetted subcontractors that work closely with the project team to consistently hit scheduled milestones and produce quality products through their hard work, dedication and pride.
Construction Management for Developers
Whether our clients choose to partner with CBG as a Construction Manager or General Contractor, their expectations will be surpassed by our industry knowledge, experience, back office operations and implementation of our project controls which consist of but not limited to:
- Microsoft Scheduling including two week look ahead
- Daily reports from field personnel
- Quality Control log
- Digital photography tied to Quality control log
- Quality Assurance check list
- Safety programs collected from each contractor including tool box talk sheets
- Red lined drawings and As-built drawings maintained
- Logs on material submittals and Requests for information
- Accounting and cost forecasting
- Monthly project reports to ownership
- Bi-weekly meetings held with ownership with minutes distributed
- Turnover process including warranty documents and contractor contact information.